Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a best selling dish in the restaurants around here. But it's a lot more expensive than I wanted to pay for it ,so I make my own. It's tender, juicy, YUM! Fry in batches.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- oil (for frying)
- Salt and pepper the steak and cut in pieces about 1 1/2 in.
- Put flour in shallow container.
- Beat eggs in shallow bowl.
- Put bread crumbs in shallow container.
- Roll steak in flour, eggs, then breadcrumbs.
- Drop in to hot oil 375* and cook about 3-5 min, depending how well you want it done.
Definitely a new way for me to cook steak, and boy is it good too! I was alone for dinner tonight and had a piece of scotch fillet steak that I though 'mmm this will be worth a try'..really glad I did. will make this again, lots!
I tried this tonight, I thought is was wonderful...I never thought about it until tasting it but I make fried round steak which is alot like this - however I never used the egg or the bread crumbs so your crust turned out much better! Thank you so much for all your recipes, my husband and kids ate it also and he even had seconds, that means he really enjoyed it - we all did thanks again!
I made these for dinner today and it was really good. Something different then the usual broiled or gilled steak. I will definitely make again. Thank you for the recipe.