Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These little gems have been a hit at two of my parties. I'm always SO happy when there are left overs! :)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 ounces soft goat cheese, like montrachet
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus addt'l for garnish
- 1 teaspoon finely diced red bell pepper
- 9 walnut pieces (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter 18 mini muffin tins (gems).
- Combine the first three ingredients with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Place heaping teaspoonfuls off walnut mixture into each mold and press down firmly.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the goat cheese and beat until creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add the chives and the remainder of salt and pepper.
- Divide the goat cheese mixture between the cups and smooth the tops.
- Place a walnut piece on top of nine cheesecakes.
- Top the remaining with diced peppers.
- Bake until puffed- approx 15 minutes.
- Cook on wire rack for 5 minutes before unmolding.
- Garnish with chives and serve warm or cold.