Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These little gems have been a hit at two of my parties. I'm always SO happy when there are left overs! :)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 ounces soft goat cheese, like montrachet
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus addt'l for garnish
- 1 teaspoon finely diced red bell pepper
- 9 walnut pieces (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter 18 mini muffin tins (gems).
- Combine the first three ingredients with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Place heaping teaspoonfuls off walnut mixture into each mold and press down firmly.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the goat cheese and beat until creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add the chives and the remainder of salt and pepper.
- Divide the goat cheese mixture between the cups and smooth the tops.
- Place a walnut piece on top of nine cheesecakes.
- Top the remaining with diced peppers.
- Bake until puffed- approx 15 minutes.
- Cook on wire rack for 5 minutes before unmolding.
- Garnish with chives and serve warm or cold.
These little appetizers are wonderful! I took them to a "happy hour" with friends and they disappeared immediately!!! I am so glad I found this. I followed your directions exactly...very easy to follow. Thank you sooo much for sharing, Lisa.
Very yummy and easy to put together. Instead of red peppers I put sliced dates on half of the cheesecakes. The dates added a bit of sweetness and went very well with the goat cheese. Next time, I think I will put dates on all of them and possibly drizzle some honey on top.
Excellent! I have made this twice--once exactly as directed, and once with pine nuts instead of walnuts (love pine nuts!) Making it with pine nuts required extra bread crumbs, because pine nuts are so soft, but both came out excellent