Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These mouth watering morsels make an appealing appetizer. They will be great with the holidays coming up. I use imitation crab if I don't have fresh crab.
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) packagelarge refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Separate each biscuit into 5 equal pieces. Press into bottom and up sides of of 24 greased minature muffin cups (discard remaining pieces of dough).
- Mix crab and 1 teaspoon Swiss cheese, milk, dill and salt; spoon about 1-1/2 teaspoon into each cup.
- Bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm, if possible.
I actually made these for breakfast the other day. Quite a nice change from the usual cereal or granola bar. I wasn't really sure if everything got all mixed together and then put into the cups or not. What I did was press the buiscuit piece into the muffin tins, then I added some crab, topped with the cheese and then mixed the rest of the ingredients together and spooned that mixture over the crab and cheese. After 20 minutes they were perfectly cooked. I may add a little more salt or dill to kick up the flavor a little. Thanks sunshine!!!