Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
No time to cook? It doesn't get any easier than this. Just add simple seasonings and forget it in the oven for an hour and 15 minute. Then enjoy moist, tender, falling off the bone chicken with a bite.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 -6 chicken leg quarters, skin on
- 6 dashes red pepper flakes
- 2 limes, juice of
- 6 dashes salt, course ground
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- While oven is heating up wash chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with red pepper flakes and course ground salt, use a little or a lot according to your taste.
- Allow chicken to sit on counter to absorb salt and pepper until oven is hot.
- Drizzle olive oil in bottom of baking dish.
- Place single layer of chicken in baking dish, skin side up.
- Gently spray each piece with a little non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° in middle rack for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes until done and nicely brown.
- Remove from oven, immediately squeeze lime juice over chicken and let it rest for 5 or 10 minutes before serving.
I gave this recipe 4 out of 5 stars because of its simplicity and sure-fire success. It turned out super yummy, spicy and tender and was super duper easy, as promised!