Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This was one of my mom's favorite cakes. My mom was a great cook.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Wow! This is delicious! I love prunes, so was glad to find yet another great recipe to use them in. The buttermilk added a nice smooth taste to both the cake and the glaze. Will definitely make again. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Lynn. Made for the Voracious Vagabonds of ZWT 6.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml prune, cooked and chopped
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml butter
- 2.46 ml baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients all together.
- Pour into 13 x 9-inch greased pan.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 40 - 45 minutes. Check very carefully. My mom didn't put down the time in the oven.
- While cake is cooking, put ingredients for topping in pan. Bring to a boil.
- While cake is still hot, pierce the top with a fork.
- Spoon topping over cake until it is absorbed.