Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from the Kansas City Star. I just from from MO to TN and had been looking for the recipe and after several weeks of searching I found it, so I am posting it here for safe keeping. I have not tried it yet but it sounds so yummy!
For the Pumpkin Cake
- 5 (1 2/3 ounce) Bit-O-Honey candy bars
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Freeze the Bit-O-Honey Bars for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, chop candy bars coursely. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, combine oil and eggs, mix for 30 seconds on high.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix on medium 1 minute, scraping down sides of the bowl.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and flour and mix on low 30 seconds.
- Fold in chopped candy bars.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool before frosting.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the top of the cooled pumpkin bars.
- Cut into 2-by-3 inch squares.