weekend cooker's Note:
Sweet and savory flavors combine in this quick healthy sandwiches. The apple give an unexpected crunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 6 wheat sandwich buns, split
- 6 bibb lettuce, leaves
- 1 medium pear, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 lb cooked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 6 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola
- 1In a small skillet over medium heat, cook onion and 1 teaspoon brown sugar in the oil for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 2Stir in salt, and cayenne.
- 3Combine the mustard, apple cider,and remaining brown sugar, and spread over bun bottoms.
- 4Layer` with lettuce, pear, turkey, basil, and cheese.
- 5Top with carmelized onions, and top with other bun half.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bistro Turkey Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 587.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 31.6 g