This sandwich is sweet and savory. It is from Healthy Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or 1 tablespoon unsweetened apple juice
- 6 whole grain buns, split
- 6 bibb lettuce or 6 boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb cooked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, chopped if you prefer
- 6 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1In small skillet over medium heat, cook onion and 1 t brown sugar in oil for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 2Stir in salt and cayenne.
- 3Combine the mustard, apple cider and remaining brown sugar; spread over bun bottoms.
- 4Layer with lettuce, pear, turkey, basil and cheese.
- 5Top with caramelized onion.
- 6Replace tops.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bistro Turkey Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 380.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain buns