Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sandwich is sweet and savory. It is from Healthy Cooking.
Make and share this Bistro Turkey Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or 1 tablespoon unsweetened apple juice
- 6 whole grain buns, split
- 6 bibb lettuce or 6 boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb cooked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, chopped if you prefer
- 6 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbled
- In small skillet over medium heat, cook onion and 1 t brown sugar in oil for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in salt and cayenne.
- Combine the mustard, apple cider and remaining brown sugar; spread over bun bottoms.
- Layer with lettuce, pear, turkey, basil and cheese.
- Top with caramelized onion.
- Replace tops.