1 hr 15 mins
David Rosengarten made an appearance in one issue of Cooking Light and this was one of his recipes. It's impressive enough to serve for company and easy enough to serve on a weeknight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- cooking spray
- 2 lbs red potatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake, oyster, and button
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup madeira wine or 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and grated nutmeg. Place chicken in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray; cover with foil. Bake chicken, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake, uncovered, an additional 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken to a serving platter, reserving 1 tablespoon of pan drippings. Keep chicken warm.
- 3Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain. Return potatoes to pan; add milk, 1 tablespoon butter, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- 4Heat reserved pan drippings in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms to pan; cook 3 minutes or until moisture evaporates, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Drizzle gravy over chicken; sprinkle with parsley. Serve with potatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bistro-Style Chicken With Wild Mushrooms and Madeira
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 131.3 mg
- Sodium 483.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth