Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Steak Sandwich piled with onions, steak, and blue cheese.. Makes a flavor packed meal.
Make and share this Bistro Steak Sandwich With Seasoned Potato Chips recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE SANDWICH
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen loaf garlic bread
- 2 medium onions
- 2 boneless New York strip steaks (3/4 inch cut)
- 1 tablespoon crushed peppercorn, and garlic rub
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 slices blue cheese, shredded
FOR THE POTATO CHIPS
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
- 1 (6 ounce) bagplain potato chips
- Place garlic bread on a large sheet pan, and bake according to package directions.
- Slice onions thin and microvave covered on high for 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan on medium-high for 5 minutes, while the onions are in the microwave.
- Season steaks with rub, and cook 5-10 minutes , or until browned.
- Turn steaks over and repeat, until done, it should have a medium-rare doneness.
- Remove steak from pan, and lightly cover with foil.
- Chop parsley, and then add the parsley, onions, and vinegar to pan.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until the onions are carmelized.
- Slice steal into 1/2 inch pieces, and place steak and onion mixture over one garlic bread half.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and top with other garlic bread half.
- Cut sandwich into 6 pieces.
- FOR THE SEASONED CHIPS:.
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter, melted with 2 pressed garlic cloves.
- Add 1/4 cup freshed parsley.
- Toss 6 ounces plain potato chips with butter mixture.
- Bake on medium sheet pan at 450 degrees for 3-5 minutes.
This review is for the sandwich only....just couldn't bring myself to soak fried chips in butter! Sounds wonderful, but I can already see my heart stopping! I grilled my steak, and used green onions instead of regular onions because of stomach issues that I have. Did not find bleu cheese that could be sliced, so used crumbles. We all enjoyed these delicious sandwiches! I would double the meat next time, as the bread is pretty thick and I am quite the carnivore!! Thanks for sharing! Made for For Your Consideration tag game.
This was delicious! Not something to eat very often, but I will be keeping it in mind for parties or the stanley cup! I used provolone cheese instead of bleu cheese as a personal preference, but other than that I made as stated. It was really easy to make and I love the tip about microwaving the onions before caramelizing them...such a huge time saver! Be careful when baking the chips as they will cook quickly and burn if you don't watch out! Made for PRMR tag game.