Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a copycat recipe from the Cheesecake Factory that I found online. It is not exact, but so close that I give it a 9.75 compared to the 10 that is the CF dish. I am very pleased with how it turns out. Bon appetit! The recipe is a little high maintenance, but the end product is worth the work. :)
- 1 cup quartered button mushroom
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Lemon Basil Cream Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 lb raw shrimp, deveined and with shells removed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.) Saute mushrooms in oil. Add tomatoes until warm. Set aside.
- 2.) Add salt to water and boil for pasta until al dente. Set aside covered with a little oil so it doesn't stick together.
- 3.) Melt butter in large skillet. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add cream and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook about 8 minutes or until reduced by about half.
- 4.) Whisk together fresh squeezed lemon juice and corn starch until smooth. Add pepper.
- 5.) Add lemon mixture to cream mixture and whisk constantly for 2 minutes. Turn down to lowest heat just to keep warm.
- 6.) Dip raw shrimp in eggs and then transfer to coat with panko breadcrumb and flour mixture. Fry in butter and oil for a few minutes until golden brown. Allow them to drip on paper towel covered plate and cook the remainder of shrimp this way.
- 7.) Add basil to sauce.
- 8.) Put cooked pasta on plate. Add desired amount of sauce. Top with tomatoes and mushrooms and shrimp.
- 9.) Enjoy! Yummy! :).
When on vacation in a city that have a Cheesecake Factory, I always dine there and order the Bistro Shrimp Pasta (often I order double to take some back home!). I was glad to come across this recipe.<br/>Overall, it's a good pasta dish. The Basil and Lemon gives a nice taste to the sauce. I had to add extra pepper, Tabasco, and salt to give more seasoning. Also the prep time was longer than stated, about an extra 15 minutes. However, it didn't taste like the dish at Cheesecake factory.
Made this tonight and couldn't be happier with the decision to try out this recipe!! This is a creamy/lemon-y taste of heaven that has just the right amount of EVERYTHING! It didn't take very long to make, and we had plenty of leftovers (I made it for just my husband and myself). I would definitely suggest this to anyone craving a seafood pasta - it's too good to pass up! Thanks for sharing it!