Recipe by Lorac
My husband and I lived in northwest London for 9 months. There were so many restaurants and bistros within walking distance that we rarely left the area. This is a recreation of one of my favorite dishes. It was served both as an appetizer or in a larger portion as an entree. With a glass of wine and some crusty bread this was a great lunch or light dinner.
Top Review by Bobtail
DH and I loved this salad. I used spinach as my greens and Yukon gold potatoes. I fixed the recipe exactly as listed, except I used a little extra garlic, because we love garlic. I think some tomatoes will be great in it. I will definitly fix this again. I had this in my cookbook for quite a while and fixed it in participation with Zaar Cookbook tag. Thanks Lorac! It is a keeper!
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 (1/2 lb) package arugula or 1 (1/2 lb) package baby greens (or a mix of both)
- 6 cups green leaf lettuce
- 8 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon over moderate heat until crisp, transfer to paper towels using a slotted spoon.
- Remove 2 tbls bacon drippings for later use.
- Cook potatoes in remaining drippings over medium heat until tender and golden, transfer to paper towels.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine garlic, oil, vinegar,mustard, salt and pepper.
- Fry eggs in reserved bacon drippings over low heat.
- Combine bacon, potatoes and salad greens, add dressing and mix.
- Divide salad between 4 serving plates and top each with 2 eggs