1/1 Photo of Bistro Salad A La Cafe Flo
My husband and I lived in northwest London for 9 months. There were so many restaurants and bistros within walking distance that we rarely left the area. This is a recreation of one of my favorite dishes. It was served both as an appetizer or in a larger portion as an entree. With a glass of wine and some crusty bread this was a great lunch or light dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 (1/2 lb) package arugula or 1 (1/2 lb) package baby greens (or a mix of both)
- 6 cups green leaf lettuce
- 8 large eggs
- 1Cook bacon over moderate heat until crisp, transfer to paper towels using a slotted spoon.
- 2Remove 2 tbls bacon drippings for later use.
- 3Cook potatoes in remaining drippings over medium heat until tender and golden, transfer to paper towels.
- 4While potatoes are cooking, combine garlic, oil, vinegar,mustard, salt and pepper.
- 5Fry eggs in reserved bacon drippings over low heat.
- 6Combine bacon, potatoes and salad greens, add dressing and mix.
- 7Divide salad between 4 serving plates and top each with 2 eggs
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bistro Salad A La Cafe Flo
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.5
- Calories from Fat 450
- Total Fat 50.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 391.2 mg
- Sodium 452.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 22.6 g