Prep 6 mins
Cook 2 mins
BISTRO SALAD OF FRISEE AND ROCKET w/ mustard vinnegrete
- 4 fluid ounces champagne vinegar
- 1 ounce mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 shallots, minced
- 9 fluid ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 3 fluid ounces walnut oil
- 1⁄4 ounce fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 ounce flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 bunches frisee
- 4 ounces Baby Spinach
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 4 ounces brown sugar crusted bacon
- 4 quail eggs
- Combine vinegar, mustard, sugar and shallots. Add oils slowly, blending to emulsify.
- Add in herbs and adjust seasonings.
- Then toss with salad
- Plate with bacon and Bleu Cheese on top.
- Place sunny side up quail egg on top of salad.
We loved this salad! The dressing was wonderful. We subbed white wine vinegar for champagne vinegar; but aside from that made this exactly as listed. We had company over for dinner the first time we made this recipe and they raved about the dressing.