Recipe by blucoat
This is a simple yet impressive recipe from Patricia Wells’s fabulous cookbook, "Bistro Cooking". This is a very easy dish to throw together while you are preparing the rest of the meal. Pairs very nicely with fish and meat, or, for a lighter meal, a simple salad. If you don't have walnut oil, use very high quality extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1⁄4 cup walnut oil (60 ml) or 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs firm smooth-skinned small potatoes (1 kg)
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 bunch parsley, minced
- 1 bunch chives, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel (or, if the skin is thin, leave the peel on) and thinly slice potatoes. Wrap in a thick towel to absorb any liquid.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the potatoes and sauté, shaking the pan from time to time until the potatoes are thoroughly cooked and browned on both sides, about 20 minutes. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste as the potatoes are being tossed.
- To serve, sprinkle on the garlic, parsley, and chives, and toss to blend.