Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
May be served hot or cold.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- parsley sprig, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a big bowl, combine the ground beef, ground sausage, onion, garlic, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, wine, mustard, herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly oiled 9x5 inch loaf pan; gently pat down.
- Bake until the loaf is firm and the top is lightly browned, about 1 hour.
- Let stand in pan for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Remove loaf from pan; slice to serve; garnish with tomatoes and parsley sprigs.
First to rate this - no way! It was very good! I am not a meatloaf fan but the boys are, and they gobbled it up. Easy to make and I LOVE that it has no tomato products in it. Would not change a thing. Giving 4 as there is no 4 1/2, which is really what it warrants. Thanks, Swimmin'.