Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I love a short-cut whenever I can get it. I found this online at the Pasta-Roni website because I got a TON of boxes of this stuff and wanted to know a bit more about it. This is SOOO delicious and easy and a fancy way to disguise a box mix. I know...you "from scratch" cooks are about to die, but it's good. Try it before you turn up your nose.
Top Review by coconutcream
My whole family raved about this! I left out the black pepper, and still, this was full of flavor! I did find that the pasta was dry after cooking it, but stirring in an extra 1/3 cup milk before serving worked beautifully. Thanks!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about a pound)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package Angel Hair with Parmesan Cheese Pasta Roni
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional) or 2 tablespoons parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Cook chicken with oil in large skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes per side or until browned. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add water, milk to same skillet; bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and Special Seasonings packet. Place chicken over pasta. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Gently boil 4 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender and chicken is no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with chives, if desired.