Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A fast and healthy chicken sandwich you would swear came right from the best bistro in town. My DH and I were brainstorming about what to have on our Italian week and DH came up with this for week nights when we wanted something quick.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce (optional)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 jumbo hamburger buns
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- If chicken is frozen, thaw before beginning.
- Combine mayonnaise, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning, and 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
- Place chicken on one half of cellophane and cover with the other half. Tenderize with a mallet until entire piece of chicken is close to the same thickness throughout.
- Rub Italian dressing on both sides of chicken, then sprinkle Italian seasoning on one side only. Let marinate for approximately 15 minutes.
- Preheat frying pan or griddle to 325 degrees (or medium heat). Cook chicken until no longer pink in the center.
- Prepare lettuce and slice tomato.
- Thinly spread mayonnaise on bottom and top bun. Place chicken on bottom bun. Add cheese on top of chicken. Then place tomato and lettuce on top bun and put sandwich together.
- To complete this healthy dish, add a nice salad on the side.
I like the recipe. The chicken was moist and tender. Instead of mayonaise and italian seasoning, I used pesto. It complimented the chicken well.