Top Review by Dantana
I had a butternut squash soup recipe that I loved- but after trying this recipe, my wife and I have put this one on the top of the list!! I bought the ingredients before looking for the recipe, luckily I had all of the extra ingredients on hand. I normally use dill and I did not add it (except for the garnish) and the taste was wonderful! Something about the curry/cumin combination really did it for us! Great soup- it is on our 'make again' list.
- 2 small butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, white part only,sliced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- freshly-ground white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup hot whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash in halves.
- Clean and roast at 450 degrees until very tender, about 1 hour.
- Scoop out flesh with spoon and set aside.
- In large soup pot, saute onions in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until tender.
- Add leek and squash and cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, sugar, curry powder, cumin, salt and white pepper to taste.
- Place soup mixture in blender, a batch at a time, blending until smooth, and return to pot.
- Blend last batch with 1 tablespoon butter and cream.
- Return to remaining soup, stirring, and heat through.
- Adjust seasoning and thickness.