Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This chicken can be done in the oven or it is excellent in the slow cooker also. The sauce is so delicious and I suggest serving it over pasta, noodles, baked potatoes or with some good French bread.
- If cooking on stove top: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In an ovenproof skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Panfry the chicken until both sides are golden but the chicken is not cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, add the tomatoes and thyme to skillet and cook until the sauce has reduced a bit, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the soup and cook another 4 minutes, seasoning with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, and place in oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- If using slow cooker: Saute' the chicken breasts as above, place them in the slow cooker, add the sauce ingredients and cook on high for 3 hours or so.