Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
It cant get any better than these burgers! Cheese, bacon and a great spread...try adding an additional cheese in for added flavor!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 slices sweet onions, 1/2 in. thick
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 crusty rolls, split and toasted
- 4 slices cooked crisp bacon, halved
- tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat grill to medium. Lightly shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Brush onion slices with vegetable oil.
- Place patties in center of grid; surround with onions.
- Grill, uncovered and turning occasionally, 13 to 15 minutes for medium doneness (internal temp 160°F) or until patties are no longer pink in center and onions are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- About 1 minute before patties are done, top each with 2 cheese slices.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread on top halves of rolls.
- Serve burgers and onion in rolls with lettuce, tomato and crisp cooked bacon slices.
5++++++ stars for this rating! These burgers are awesome! I ran out of worcestershire sauce, always add a bit before grilling, so used a few shakes of soy sauce, black pepper, lemon pepper, celery seed, and garlic powder. Let the burgers sit in the fridge for a few minutes while slicing onions, tomatoes and cleaning lettuce. The grilled onions are so good, I sprinkled some black pepper on them too before grilling. A wonderful flavor from the dressing mix, grilled onions, and turkey bacon! These are going to be made quite often, so pretty too! Thank you Laurie for posting this recipe!!