Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from cooking light
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1⁄4 cup julienne-cut leek
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup diced plum tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 dash of crushed saffron thread
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Pernod (licorice-flavored liqueur) or 1 tablespoon sambuca romana (licorice-flavored liqueur)
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 littleneck clams
- 4 ounces grouper or 4 ounces other firm white fish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 medium mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 6 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (5 ounce) lobster tails, split in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients (through garlic); cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato, fennel seeds, thyme, tarragon, and saffron; cook 1 minute. Stir in wine and liqueur; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add juices and pepper; bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes. Add clams and grouper; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until clams begin to open.
- Add mussels, shrimp, and lobster; cook 4 minutes or until mussels open. Discard any unopened clams or mussels. Garnish with parsley.