Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is for the ZWT 8 French Affair challenge. I have made FloridaNative's Bistro Beef & Noodles in my slow cooker and here's the results! As per Florida Native's updates, I made a few small changes...
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces prepared medium-width egg noodles
- In a skillet, spray with cooking spray and scramble fry the ground beef and onion with the worchestershire sauce and 1/2 tsp pepper until no longer pink and put in the slow cooker.
- Melt butter in pan and add onion wedges, garlic and mushrooms to the pan and saute 8-10 minutes or until browned, then add to slow cooker.
- Add broth, carrots, salt, thyme and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours - while it's cooking, prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- Combine red wine and corn starch; stir until smooth. Stir into crock pot with red peppers and keep on high for half an hour until sauce thickens.
- Place prepared egg noodles on a serving platter and top with meat sauce and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
I was pleasantly surprised how great this recipe was! I used Reeses homemade noodles but followed recipe exactly as written. Made for PAC fall 2012 and I bet I make over and over again.