Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
BHG Dinnertime Express
- 4 (1/4 lb) beef tenderloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 lb. total)
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard or 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (crimini, shitake, portobello, or button, about 3 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine or 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- Trim fat from steaks and spread mustard evenly over both sides. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add steaks; cook until desired doneness, turning once halfway through cooking (7–10 minutes for medium rare or 10–12 minutes for medium). Transfer to serving platter and keep warm.
- Add the reminaing tablespoon oil to drippings in skillet. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Stir in wine, Worcestershires sauce, and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Spoon over steaks.