Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Food Network's "Making it Easy"- No mayo. This is a vinaigrette with bacon and salad with sliced hard boiled eggs on top of a bed of muslun greens.
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into strips
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large eggs, hard boiled
- 8 cups mesclun, 7 oz
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat, stirring a bit, until crisp.
- Use slotted spoon to remove and drain on paper towels.
- Leave bacon drippings in pan.
- Stir 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cider vinegar into the pan, scrapping any brown bits clinging to the pan.
- Pour this into a large bowl and whisk in the mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Toss greens with the vinaigrette and bacon pieces.
- Divide among 4 plates or shallow bowls.
- Place 2 eggs, sliced, on top of each salad and enjoy.
This is a great salad but the original recipe calls for poaching the eggs not hard-boiled. They also serve it with crusty bread, even though it is optional.