Recipe by SweetSueAl
From Cook's Illustrated. It’s important to slice the fennel very thin. Use the slicing disk on a food processor or a sharp chef’s knife. Sweet, crisp apples, such as a Fuji, Gala, or Braeburn, work best in this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 small fennel bulbs, sliced crosswise very thin (about 6 cups)
- 2 sweet apples (cut into 1/4-inch strips)
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, fresh and minced
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the apples, quarter and core them, then cut into 1/4-inch slices and, finally, into 1/4-inch strips.
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper together in large bowl until sugar has dissolved. Add fennel, apples, and tarragon and toss well to combine. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Serve.