Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Olive Garden's Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola
- 28.34 g porcini mushroom, dried
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 473.18 ml canned tomatoes, diced, with juice
- 29.58 ml fresh oregano or 9.85 ml dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 4 rib eye steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- fresh parsley, chopped
- SOAK dried porcini mushrooms in lukewarm water for 20 minutes. Remove from water, rinse and slightly chop, set aside.
- COMBINE white wine, tomatoes, porcini mushrooms, and oregano in a saute pan over medium heat. Bring sauce to a boil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Lower heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- HEAT olive oil in a separate large saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook rib eye steaks 4 minutes on each side. Add garlic and onions to saute pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- PLACE onions on bottom of a large serving platter. Place steaks on top of onions. Pour mushrooms and tomato mixture over steaks. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.