Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Olive Garden's Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola
Make and share this Bistecca Di Manzo Alla Boscaiola (Olive Garden Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ounce porcini mushroom, dried
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, diced, with juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 rib eye steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- fresh parsley, chopped
- SOAK dried porcini mushrooms in lukewarm water for 20 minutes. Remove from water, rinse and slightly chop, set aside.
- COMBINE white wine, tomatoes, porcini mushrooms, and oregano in a saute pan over medium heat. Bring sauce to a boil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Lower heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- HEAT olive oil in a separate large saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook rib eye steaks 4 minutes on each side. Add garlic and onions to saute pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- PLACE onions on bottom of a large serving platter. Place steaks on top of onions. Pour mushrooms and tomato mixture over steaks. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.