Recipe by Baby Kato
Pan-fried Halibut Steak With a Light Green Sauce, another family favorite from Umberto Menghi's Seafood Cookbook. This is one of my dh's favorite dishes by Umberto. The halibut is the star in this dish.
Top Review by breezermom
I used amberjack because that was what I had fresh. Absolutely delicious! I threw in some chopped green olives too to add to the color. Just spectacular. Thanks for sharing....made for Photo Tag Game.
- 4 halibut steaks, fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup flour, all purpose
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine, dry
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons basil, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the halibut and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and dust with the flour.
- Fry the steaks in butter for 4 - 5 minutes per side until golden brown, then remove and place on platter, set aside and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, add the lemon juice and mix in, then add the ceam and mix it in also, simmer for 3 minutes.
- Next add the basil, parsley and capers, season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the halibut and sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.