Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Rachael Ray.
- 4 flatiron steaks (8 ounces each) or 4 small sirloin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 9.85 ml anchovy paste
- 473.19 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 59.14 ml pitted oil-cured black olives or 59.14 ml kalamata olive, chopped
- 5 caper berries, drained and sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Rub the steaks with the garlic and a drizzle of olive oil. Grill the steaks, turning once, for 8 minutes for medium-rare. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and anchovy paste. Dollop on top of the steaks.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, caper berries, onion, parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Top the steaks with the tomato salad.
5 plus stars for the tomato salad, especially after sitting overnight!! I used grape tomatoes, as that is all I could find. I used sirloin instead of flat iron steaks....think maybe the flat irons would be more tender? I grilled on a charcoal grill. This is a delicious recipe that comes together very quickly. Softening the butter is what took the longest! I halved the amount of anchovy paste, and I'm glad I did....otherwise it would have been too salty for me. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag.
This was really fantastic. I am not an anchovy fan, but I followed the recipe faithfully (except I used grape tomatoes instead of cherry). The anchovy butter was actually a nice touch, and not overpowering. There ended up being a lot of tomato salad, which got eaten up anyway. This was pretty simple, as well. I will be making this again. Thanks for posting. Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.