Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Garlicky, lemony Italian-style grilled steaks served with steamed spinach. Adapted from a recipe on Huey's website. Huey (Iain Hewitson) is a popular Australian chef who hosts a TV show twice each weekday and has written several books. He also owns Tolarno's restaurant in Melbourne.
- 4 beef t-bone steaks
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the steaks with a little oil, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Oil the BBQ or grill and seal one side of the steaks, then turn the steaks over and sprinkle them with salt and a little more oil and lemon juice.
- Vigorously rub the cut side of the garlic along the bone and cook the steaks on a high heat, covered, for about 7-8 minutes (for rare to medium-rare; longer for well-done), turning the steaks a couple of times.
- Mix together the butter, the juice of the 1/2 lemon and the parsley, and serve the steaks with a dollop of the butter mixture on top and steamed spinach or your choice of vegetables on the side.