Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
My husband makes this quite a bit for us. It is great on bread the next day for a sandwich.
- 2 lbs beef steaks, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 dash dried oregano leaves
- 2 large white onions, sliced in rings
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place beef steak, olive oil, garlic, oregano, onion, white vinegar, beef stock, and salt in a gallon-size plastic bag.
- Turn until all the ingredients mix together.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or a couple of days (or freeze for later use).
- Place contents of bag in a heavy skillet and bring it to a boil.
- Lower heat to low, cover and cook for about 40 minutes or so. The meat will be very tender and tasty.
- Serve with white rice and fried plantains.