Recipe by Jackie #6
Living in South Florida for several years, this was a favorite of mine when we'd go out to a Cuban restaurant. It's good with black beans & rice & fried plantains.
Top Review by Carol43953
I made this for my husband who is Cuban. He said it was perfect! I did add cumino to this recipe because I remember my late mother-in-law used to add it to hers. Great recipe for an inexpensive cut of meat!
- 1 lb top round steak (cut into 6 serving size pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil (or butter)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the steaks on both sides, using a mallet, until 1/4-inch thin. Season with garlic, lime juice, salt & pepper. Allow to marinate at least 1 hour, refrigerated.
- Remove the steaks from marinade & pat dry. In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat until very hot. Brown each steak for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the steaks to a serving platter & keep warm. Add the marinade & onion to the pan & cook until the onion is slightly wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Garnish the steaks with the onion & parsley & serve immediately.