Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
- Place crushed beans, garlic, dill, parsley, coriander and 2 onions on heat
with plenty of water.
- Boil until well cooked, about 60-90 minutes.
- Press in juice extractor or whirl in blender, then pass through a fine wire sieve
- Return to heat
add cumin, mint, salt, optional, and cook for a further 7-10 minutes.
- Slice remaining onion very thinly and fry to a golden brown color.
- Remove the onions, strain the oil into the bissara and pour into a shallow serving dish.
- Decorate with the fried onion.