Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy and taste great! I used a cast-iron skillet and put it directly into the oven. Saved on dishes. Serve with coleslaw.
- 1 lb 80% lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In 10 inch skillet (or similar sized cast-iron pan), cook beef until browned; drain grease.
- Stir baked beans and barbecue sauce into beef.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and butter until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by 12 spoonfuls onto mixture.
- Bake uncovered 18 - 22 minutes (or until topping is golden brown).
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake about 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Very good! The only change I did was mix the cheese in with the bisquick and the family loved it! Will make again.
I was very disappointed in this recipe. It was dry & just plain blah! I only cooked it because of the positive reviews. Guess there is not accounting for taste.
This is soo good and very very simple, The more cheese the better, I use pillsbury country rolls on top easier and better tasting too.