Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are soooo yummy and easy. They start with Bisquick and there is NO YEAST involved! Truly a delicious breakfast treat, dessert or to serve with coffee or tea. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix baking mix, milk and egg until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Pat or roll dough into an 8 x 10 rectangle.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread dough with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Roll up tightly, beginning at 10 inch side.
- Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal.
- Place sealed side down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cut at 1 inch intervals ALMOST through to bottom, using scissors or sharp knife.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Mix powdered sugar and water until spreading consistency; spread over warm roll.
Unbelievable!!!!! I have to make at least one batch of these every day! They just seem to disappear and they are so so yummy!!! Thank you so much for posting this, my son thanks you also!
Oh my, Karen! My husband ate 4 of these before lunch, and before I even had a chance to try one!He was then at them again when he got home from work! They were delicious! The only change I made is I made more icing to totally satisfy my sweet teeth....I mean tooth!
Yum, yum, yum! Easy and delicious. My only word of advice would be to make sure you don't spread the butter/sugar/cinnamon all the way to the edge; I did and too much leaked out when I rolled this up. I used brown sugar in the filling, as that's the flavour I wanted, and I too used milk instead of water in the glaze, plus I added just a drop or two of vanilla. Next time I will make more glaze/icing, too. Great recipe; I know these won't last long!