Recipe by Ceezie
This came from a Bisquick cookbook I have. I have adapted it to suit my own tastes. I use homemade pasta sauce, garlic basil and oregano instead of italian seasoning and I like to just use what ever cheese I have on hand. I usually use low fat cream cheese and low fat sour cream.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (or half sausage and ground beef)
- 26 ounces pasta sauce (any variety)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches, with cooking spray. Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning in small bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture (about 2 cups) into baking dish. Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture evenly onto beef mixture. Spoon remaining beef mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Stir 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the Bisquick mix and milk in medium bowl until blended. Pour over beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Bake 5 minutes longer. Let stand at least 10 minutes before cutting.