Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is very good, and takes no time to make, it is great with chopped cooked chicken also. I have only made this with original Bisquick, so I am not sure if using a Bisquick clone would produce the same results.
- 2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 7 slices bacon, crisply cooked, and crumbled (or more if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup similar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, mix the Bisquick with 1/3 cup mayo and the milk until soft dough forms.
- Roll or pat the dough into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (if using) cheese over the crust.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In another bowl, mix the chopped turkey, onions, bacon and 1/4 cup mayo.
- Spoon over the crust to within 1/4-inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, or until the turkey mixture in hot and the cheese is melted.
This was pretty good! I think, other than mayo, it could use a sauce. I used Gluten Free Bisquick, so I had to do some adjustments. It takes more liquid, so I increased the mayo to 1/2 cup and doubled the milk. Also, don't know if it's the GF mix or the pan I used, but the biscuit browned up real fast on the bottom, and to avoid from burning, I broiled it after the toppings were added instead of baking it. Otherwise, well liked, even by the picky kiddo!
Woweee...fast, easy and the flavor is just wonderful. I omitted the green onions and put in a sprinkling of dried onion flakes and also 1/2 t. of garlic powder. Very filling too. :-) Made for KK's Recipetag.