Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quick Make ahead meal for after work!
- 1 (8 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄3 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cheese, cheddar, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 10" pie plate, Layer tuna, celery, cheese and onions into plate.
- Beat remaining ingredients 15 seconds in blender. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake till golden brown or knife inserted in centre comes out clean (about 40 minutes).
- Cool 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Didn't have any of the right ingredients: -used corn instead of celery -yellow onion instead of green onion -half and half w/ water instead of milk -3 eggs -lime juice and rind instead of lemon -2 garlic cloves -dill -1/4 t of pepper instead of 1/8 and it tasted still a bit bland. definatly wouldn't use the lime juice again. cook it until it's golden even if it's more than 40 min or else the bisquick tasted raw. probably wouldn't try again even with the right ingredients.
This was pretty bland. It needed a bunch of dill, and maybe more garlic, and the sharpest cheese possible. I wanted to like it, but the best I could say is that the lemony taste was very good with the tuna. And after I froze it, and reheated it later, it tasted much better.
"Great comfort food dish!" according to my DIL. I also used 2 cans of tuna and added some dill weed as others have suggested. This is a very adaptable recipe - we're going to try it with leftover turkey and may toss in some peas and a dash of herbs next time. Easy to assemble and you can sit down and relax while it's baking.