Cook1 hr 5 mins
Care for a slice of taco? You can when you bake all the taco flavors you love into one easy dish just made for topping.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (1 ounce) packageold el paso taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cangreen giant whole kernel corn
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces) or 2 cups processed American cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- sour cream
- chopped tomato
- shredded lettuce
- Heat oven to 325°F Grease rectangular pan, 13- x 9- x 2-inches.
- Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in dry seasoning mix, tomato sauce, and corn. Spoon into pan; sprinkle with cheese. Stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until smooth. Pour over beef mixture.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with remaining ingredients.
Making this now, and I tried a little of the beef mixture. This is incredible!
This recipe is easy to make and is full of flavour. I added a can of kidney beans also, but that was the only change. This is a keeper and will become a family regular.
Awesome! This was a family favorite back in the good ol' days. My mother lost the recipe years ago, but looks like you found it. Thanks for posting this, ElizabethKnicely!