Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother used to make this when I was young. She would spread butter on top of the cake as soon as it came out of the steamer. Heavenly.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a large bowl mix ingredients well until smooth.
- Pour into greased 8 or 9 inch cake pan (round or square, your choice).
- Place in steamer and steam for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- I you desire you may spread cake with butter while hot and sprinkle with sugar or sugar and cinnamon.
- Optional: if you have a large steamer you can make muffins.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and steam for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.