Recipe by RN@the120
This recipe uses Bisqick instead of bread. I like that egg substitute is used for most of the eggs. You can totally change it up with different cheeses, meats & spices. Oh, & I love fresh Roma tomatoes on top! Adapted from a TOH recipe.
Top Review by Tendersprout
I have made this twice now and really like it. I bake it, cut into squares and freeze. It really freezes well! The first time I made it the batter seemed too thin, but once it finished baking the result was great.
- 1 lb pork sausage, cooked & drained
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups egg substitute (16oz carton equivalent to 8 eggs)
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sausage, onions, Bisquick, cheese & spices.
- In a huge bowl, whisk eggs, egg substitute & milk together.
- Stir sausage mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.