Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a box of link sausage. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds tasty. I am always on the lookout for easy breakfast casseroles and this is unlike anything I have seen on Zaar. It could be easily modified to suit individual tastes but this is the version directly from the box.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 12 ounces sausage links, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry biscuit mix (Bisquick)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salsa (optional)
- Heat oven to 350.
- In large skillet, in butter, cook eggs until lightly scrambled. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine the sausage, onion, green pepper, and garlic.
- Add the baking mix and shredded cheese.
- Using clean hands, knead mixture until well blended.
- Stir cooked eggs into sausage mixture and combine until blended.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and the top is golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve with salsa on the side if desired.