Prep 20 mins
Cook 37 mins
This is so easy, and is the best breakfast casserole I've tasted.
Make and share this Bisquick Sausage Breakfast Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick, original mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 1 1/4 inch pie plate, or 8x8x2 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Brown sausage, green pepper and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink. Drain.
- Mix sausage mixture, potatoes, and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Spread in pie plate.
- Stir remaining ingredients in medium bowl with wire whisk or fork, until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer, or just until the cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with salsa and/or sour cream.
- Note: For more servings, double all ingredients, use a 13x9x2 baking dish, and bake 35 to 40 minutes.
I give this recipe an A+++ rating. <br/>I used to have a similar recipe and couldn't locate it and I found this one. I made it last month and again today and thought I needed to write a review! My husband and I love this dish. It is so simple to make and so yummy delicious!! I increased the eggs to 3 total (jumbo) and added a little more cheese (3/4 cup total) in the mix. Sincerely, Nancy
Very GOOD! Something different for a change....an ALL-IN-ONE Dish. I didn't have frozen hash browns, so I used frozen cubed O'brien Potatoes....It was Great! A KEEPER!