Recipe by ICook4danny&Puddin
This is recipe is out the Betty Crocker Bisquick Weeknight M,eals October 2005. These shrimp are very good--a lot of the coconut sticks to the shrimp. they will be covered in the coconut! the sauce is just okay maybe you know of a better one.... though it is a good basic sauce for these.
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked peeled deveined medium tails removed (31 to 35, thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Add Bisquick mix, eggs and milk and mix well then add shrimp gently, stir to coat well.
- In skillet heat over oil over medium heat to 375°F.
- Place half of the coconut on a dish ( add the other half after coating half of the shrimp) cooking in batched remove shrimp one at a time from the batter and coat with coconut, place in oil in single layer, cook 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until coating is crispy and golden brown and shrimp are pink. drain on paper towels.
- Mix chilli sauce and apricot preserves to make the dipping sauce for the shrimp.