Recipe by kerrijbarber
An easy peach cobbler recipe that I make regularly. It's best served warm. I originally cut the recipe out of a local newspaper. I normally add extra peaches and cinnamon.
Top Review by John A.
I had been making this for my folks, taking over the Sunday dinner job about forty years ago. Mom and I came to the same conclusion, that an 8x8 dish is just not enough for four people. Doubling to a 9x13 is advisable, as seconds WILL be wanted.<br/>Also, we changed up to using golden brown sugar instead of regular white granulated. It makes the cobbler just that much richer, and not as grainy in texture.<br/>Just some thoughts on an old family favorite. I think I will be making this for myself tonight.
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir together Bisquick, milk, and nutmeg.
- Stir in butter until blended.
- Pour batter into 8x8 ungreased baking dish.
- Mix together peaches and sugar.
- Spoon peaches over batter. Do not mix together, the batter will rise over the peaches when it bakes.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes until golden.
- Optional: Top with sugar .