Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've not tried these yet, but DH is dying for them! Tweaked, but idea originated from Betty Crocker's Bisquick II cookbook.
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Mix the orange peel, oj, brown sugar, applesauce and egg in a large bowl. Stir in the Bisquick just until moist. Stir in almonds. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Make streusel topping by mixing all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until golden brown.