Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is adapted from "So Quick with New Bisquick" published in 1967. Mom was an avid Bisquick user and Heaven help me I just love the stuff. I actually only got 11 muffins from this recipe. My 7 year old loved these too.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Mix all ingredients with a spoon to combine.
- Beat for about 30 seconds.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately, split and butter each muffin.
- Cold muffins warm well in the microwave (20-30 seconds on high).
I wanted to make muffins with some stuff that I had around the house; I didn't want to have to run to the supermarket for everything. I saw some Bisquick in the pantry, searched online, and found this. I think it's a great recipe; quick and easy. I added chocolate chips to mine, and they came out delicious. I think they would have come out a bit too bland without them.
Very, very good!! I added a generous sprinkle of cinnamon and 1/3 cup of chocolate chips to the batter. (I'm afraid it would have been too "healthy" and my kids would have shunned them LOL!) My 3 & 4yo loved them! I'm just thrilled that I got oatmeal into them! Delicious warm out of the oven - I ate my un-buttered and enjoyed them very much!! Thanks for the recipe!