Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like to make this as a quick and light dessert for my husband and me. It is much lower in fat and calories than the average shortcakes and tastes almost just as good. This is a good recipe for someone who is on a diet, but still craves sweets like me!! I don't feel like I've sabotaged my diet when I eat this and even my husband dosen't know that it's not full of fat!
- In a med.
- bowl mix together Bisquick, butter, and sugar subsitute until the dough forms into a ball.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Divide the dough into two balls (they will be quite large!) and bake for apprx.
- ten minutes, until browned on the top.
- Meanwhile, in a sm saucepan, pour the can of peaches and almost all of their juice into the pan.
- Heat on about med.
- and slowly add enough cornstarch to achieve your desired thickness.
- You may want to add a little bit of water if necessary.
- Next slowly add the sugar subsitute.
- I did not specify how much to add b/c everyone's taste is different.
- Just add how much you think is enough and take a little taste to see if it's sweet enough.
- Now all you do is take the shortcakes out of the oven.
- Get out two bowls and divide the peach mixture and put the shortcakes on top.
- Complete w/ a generous dollip of Cool Whip!