Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a bisquick recipe. The squares are sweet and tangy, chewy with a delicate little crunch. Lemon glaze is one of my favourites!
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons firm butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Bisquick (additional)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven 350 degrees fahrenheith.
- Mix the 1 cup Bisquick and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, cut in the margarine.
- Press in an ungreased 8-inch square pan, and bake for 10 minutes until light brown.
- Mix together the 3/4 cup sugar, coconut, 1 tablespoon bisquick, eggs, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon rind.
- Pour mixture over slightly cooled baked bisquick layer.
- Return to oven and bake another 25 minutes until set.
- Loosen edges from pan while warm. Cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice until smooth.
- Spread over baked mixture and allow to harden.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
very good, just the right amount of flavor!
This was wonderful! The lemon flavour is just perfect. And to add in coconut is divine. I didn't have any lemon zest and I used store bought lemon juice and it was still great. I can't wait to try it with the zest. I can see myself making this MANY times in the future because not only is it tasty, it is dead simple to make too! Thank you very much for this!